Featured Research News:
- World AIDS Day Dec. 1, 2023 and WNPRC AIDS research news
- Researchers share new method of protection from TB in macaques with SIV
- Multi-university research team reports genetically engineered kidney transplant success from pig to monkey in Nature.
- Discovery reveals fragile X syndrome begins developing even before birth
- Mixing donor and recipient immune systems creates tolerance of transplanted kidneys
- Lower urinary tract dysfunction is linked to metabolic syndrome
- New drug, N-803, may be beneficial in treating HIV
- Discovery points toward new treatments for ovariectomized women
- Ceramides are early responders in metabolic syndrome development
- Researchers identify sustainable source of immunodeficiency virus-resistant immune cells
- A new monkey model for studying Alzheimer’s Disease
WNPRC Robert W. Goy Lecture Series: Larry Young, William P. Timmie Professor of Psychiatry, Emory University School of Medicine, presented the annual Robert W. Goy Lecture in person and virtually on Wednesday, April 5, 2023. The title was “The Neuroscience of Love, Loss and Social Connections: Implications for Health and Society.” Contact Edi Chan for more information about the Goy lecture series.