Assay Services provides investigators with modern, efficient, and cost-effective biomarker measurements in a centralized facility. Our clients include researchers affiliated with National Primate Research Centers (NPRCs), the UW Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR), and other Clinical and Translational Science Award recipients. Our goal is to provide analyses of steroids, proteins, peptides, bioamines, biomarkers, and drug compounds to aid NIH-funded research with an emphasis on nonhuman primates and humans. We also offer custom assay development for new analytes, species, and biological specimens.
ASSAY SERVICES PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING ROUTINE SERVICES:
- Liquid chromatography with triple quadrupole mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) using our Sciex QTRAP 5500 and our newly acquired Sciex 6500+. These platforms can be used for multi-analyte analysis of hormones and peptides
- High pressure liquid chromatography with ultraviolet detection (HPLC-UV) used for quantitation of drugs and separation and of complex mixtures
- High pressure liquid chromatography with electrochemical detection (HPLC-ECD) used for measurement of catecholamines
- Electrochemiluminescence using the Roche Cobas e411 platform for rapid turnaround of steroid hormones and commonly measured peptides in humans and NHPs
- In-house immunoassays for NHP-specific assays for peptides
- Commercially available immunoassays; we can perform immunoassays available from vendors, ensuring technical expertise and attention to validation parameters.
- Sample clean-up techniques including solid phase extractions, supported liquid extractions, and liquid-liquid extractions.
- Multiplex analysis using the Luminex platform
We also develop assays for new analytes and validate our current assays for species and biological matrix. If there’s a test that you are interested in, please contact us to see if we can offer it.
To discuss the appropriate service for your research needs, please contact the Assay Services Unit Head, Dr. Amita Kapoor.
Return to WNPRC Research Services